* Load is given in academic hour (1 academic hour = 45 minutes)
- Learning about basic theoretical approaches of sociology of work.
- Understanding the relation between general sociology and sociology of work.
- Becoming competent to recognize and discuss basic processes and phenomena at contemporary labor market.
- Awaking the knowledge about gender segregation at division of labor in contemporary society.
1. Introductory lesson (getting to know the students, literature, work methods, deadlines, exams (2 +2)
The definition of the sociology of work subject (work-sociological perspective) (2+2)
2. Basic theoretical approaches of sociology of work (2+2)
3. The concept and meaning of work: contemporary perspective of work (2+2)
4. Work process analysis (2+2)
5. Socio-psychological aspects in the context of sociology of work (2+2)
6. Defining term: group and network (2+2)
7. Defining the term organization (2+2)
8. Basic aspects of organizational environment and culture (2+2)
9. Work and employment (2+2)
10. Socio-psychological aspects of unemployment; youth and unemployment (2+2)
11. Poverty and labor market policies (2+2)
12. Work moral and business ethics (2+2)
13. Work and gender; gender-segregated division of work (2+2)
14. New technologies and work process (2+2)
Evolution of information technology (2+2)
15. Networked society and work transformation (2+2)
- Čaldarović Jaeger, Lj: Industrijska sociologija
- Edgell, S: The Sociology of Work : Continuity and Change in Paid and Unpaid Work (odabrana poglavlja 1,2,3,4,5,6)
- Grint, K: The Sociology of Work (odabrana poglavlja 8,9,10)
- Robbins, S., P.: Bitni elementi organizacijskog ponašanja (poglavlja 3,4,7,8,10,11,15)
- Blekseaune, M: Working Conditions and Time Use. Acta Sociologica. Vol 48(4)
- Bešker, M., Relja, R: Labour market in the city of Split participant's assessment of importance of education for employability. Italian Sociological Review 3 (1)
- Castells, M.: Internet galaksija. Razmišljanja o Internetu, poslovanju i društvu
- Frenkel, S. J: The Embedded Character of Workplace Relations. Work and Occupations. Vol 30, No 2.
- Pollmann-Schult, M., Büchel, F: Uneployment Benefits, Uneployment Duration and Subsequent Job Quality. Acta Sociologica. 48(1)
- Relja, R., Bandalović, G: The dimension of trust in a virtual working environment. Managament. 13(2)
- Relja, R., Matić, A: Socio-etnografska istraživanja rada i organizacije. Zbornik radova Filozofskog fakulteta u Splitu. 1(1)
- Relja, R., Stanić, S: Organizational culture and use of information communication technology. U: Milat, J. (ur.) Digital tehcnologies and new forms of learning.
- Relja, R., Galić, B., Despotović, M: Položaj žena na tržištu rada grada Splita. Sociologija i prostor, 3(185)