* Load is given in academic hour (1 academic hour = 45 minutes)
Students will be acquainted with the standard and non-standard idioms. They will learn about the features of the standard idiom (norm, autonomy, functionality) and about the characteristics of the non-standard idioms. Special attention will be given to different functional styles of the Croatian standard idiom and to the notion of stylistic norm.
Croatian language - definition and standardization
2. Croatian idioms: language, dialect, standard, idiom
3. Communicatovedefinition of language; language varieties
4. Features of the standard. Notion of language culture.
5. Language varations: social, territorial, functional, individual
6. functional classification of language: different approaches
7. Scientific style 1
8. Scientific style 2
9. administrative style
10. journalist style
11. style of literature and speech
12. multimediality and style - ads
13. Croatian language today 1
14. Croatian language today 2
15. Croatian language today 3
Preparation for seminar papers (1 week)
Seminar papers and language practice (14 weeks)
Students are required to:
- actively, regularly and constructively participate in classes (students are required to attend a minimum of 80% of lectures and 80% of seminars)
- respect the ethical and scientific principles of the higher education institution
- pass a written exam, and an oral one for a higher grade
- to be informed about the classes he / she missed with other students or in consultations with the professor
Considering the learning outcomes and students' obligations, the final grade is based on the following elements:
- passed written exam - 70%
- research and seminar essay - 30%
Criteria for evaluating and grading individual elements are described in the course repository.
- Frančić A., Hudeček L., Mihaljević M: Normativnost i višefunkcionalnost u hrvatskom standardnom jeziku
- Treba pripremiti dva poglavlja: 15-20; 57-69.
- Treba pripremiti 1. poglavlje.
- Poglavlja: Uvod (5-8), Jezik kao poprište: jezična kultura, purizam (31-49), Jezik i dijalekt: štokavski, kajkavski, čakavski (77-90).
- Silić, J: Funkcionalni stilovi hrvatskoga jezika
- Težak, S: Hrvatski naš svagda(š)nji